A quick reminder of the three-way champs we’ve started with our friends at Tattenhall and Spectrum Striders. One race down, two to go…
There are 3 races for the first season, one chosen by each club:
|Wed 11 Jul||The Druid (nr Mold)||8k/366m||5 miles/1100ft|
|Wed 8 Aug||Whittle Pike (nr Rawtenstall)||8.2k/488m||5.1 miles/1400ft|
|Sat 22 Sep||King John’s Castle (nr Mold)||7.4k/264m||4.6 miles/850ft|
Each club has these races in their club fell race championship.
These are the rules for 2012. There will be a review after the first season to see how they are working and see if any tweaks to the scoring are necessary.
- Up to 7 men and 3 women will be counting runners for each club.
- Men score 21 points down to 1 point.
- Women score 21 points down to 13.
- There are extra bonus points in every vet category – 5, 3, & 1. Vet categories are those used by the race organiser.
- There are also 2 bonus points for each male or female runner above the scoring team of 7 men and 3 women.
- 2nd claim members do count in this league.