Quick reminder: the summer 2012 road and fell series are listed in the links over there on the right, together with the long trail series. Usual rules, complete enough of the series and collect points based on your position to be eligible for a prize. Separate standings for men, women and old folks.
Andy Robinson has been consulting interested runners and has proposed the following dates and events for the 2012 long trail series…
- Wuthering Hike (Haworth Hobble), Sat 10 March. 33 miles, 4400 ft of climbing. This is a great race.
- Edale Skyline, Sun 25 March. 21 miles, 4500 ft. Testing AL fell race. Fills up quickly, so enter early in the new year.
- Sandstone Trail Challenge Marshals’ event, Sat 5 May. 33 miles, 3700 ft.
- Gritstone Tryal, Sun 29 July, 15 miles, 2000 ft. This is a navigational event, so map & compass work will be needed. I’ve never done it, but it looks interesting!
- Race the Train, Sat 18 August, 14 miles. The only one for which entries are already open.
- Open to Offas, date not set yet, but probably Sat 15 September. 30 miles, 7000 ft(?). An LDWA classic in the Clwydian hills.
- Sandstone Trail A Race, date not set yet: either Sun 30 September or Sun 14 October. 17 miles, 655m of climbing.
Let us have your thoughts in the Comments box below!